The Remutaka Conservation Trust is not government-funded and is not a division of the Department of Conservation. This means we do not have money coming in to us on a regular basis from any regular source. We fund ourselves entirely through grant applications, membership subscriptions, donations, bequests, and the goodwill and kindness of our community.
Your sponsorship or donations help us to continue to do the work we do.
There are different types of sponsorship available to suit different people, ranging from $50 to $200 or more.
We have a range of sponsorship types available.
- Help fund the constant requirement for bait for our traps. Without frequent fresh baiting, our 2,000+ traps would be ineffective.
- Help fund the purchase of the native trees and plants we need to continue our habitat restoration work.
- Help buy equipment we need to monitor the health of our native wildlife.
- Help purchase safety equipment needed to keep our volunteers
- Provide and set up a trap to keep stoats and rats away from our
precious kiwi and other native birds.
- Provide predator control for an entire year over the area needed to sustain a kiwi pair.
How to Donate
Please email email@example.com with your donation amount and
contact details. You will receive a receipt and we are a registered
charity (CC37211) for tax deductible claims.
Deposits can be made directly to Rimutaka Forest Park Charitable Trust 38 9024 0505274 00 (make sure that you also include your surname or company name so that we can associate the payment with your donation)
Thank you for your interest!
Show Your Green Credentials!
Tumbleweed Tees have a wonderful range of tee shirts and clothing items celebrating NZ flora and fauna and sporting superb artwork by local artists. One of their creations — inspired by the ecsquisite Wellington Green Gecko — is now available for sale with a small donation going to the Remutaka Conservation Trust with each item purchased.
New Zealand’s unique birds, plants and landscapes inspire their hand- drawn designs, which they print on 100% cotton or 100% merino, with water-based inks. Each tee is individually hand-screened then heat-cured, leaving a detailed design that can be worn for years.
To view their entire range and to support NZ conservation with every purchase, visit the Tumbleweed website here:
Each tee is hand-printed using water-based inks (heat cured to last) on 180 GSM 100% cotton, pre-shrunk fabric.